Spanish, English and French
Dispute Resolution, Contitutional Law, Administrative Law, Corporate / M&A, Estate Planning, Banking and Finance, Intellectual Property and Technology
Practice and Profesional Career
Henry Comte is a Founding Partner and Director of Legalsa, where he heads the Dispute Resolution practice. His professional career has focused on civil, commercial, administrative, banking and constitutional litigation; White-collar and business crime defense, investigations and criminal litigation; IP litigation and enforcement, including actions against piracy, counterfeiting, unfair competition and deceptive advertising; administrative litigation regarding government procurement and contracts, to uphold acquired rights of concession holders; complex litigation, design of strategies and negotiation of agreements and settlements to resolve shareholder disputes, including protection of minority owners’ rights; and national and international litigation.
Henry leads one of Guatemala´s leading teams of dispute specialists, who have been litigating highly complex shareholder disputes at some of Guatemala´s largest industrial and commercial holdings; these complex disputes have involved hundreds of civil, administrative, criminal and constitutional proceedings, sometimes simultaneously and in different jurisdictions.
In 2016, Henry was elected Alternate Magistrate of the Guatemalan Court of Constitutionality, a part-time post that he will hold through 2021.
- JD, Universidad Francisco Marroquín
- Postgraduate certifications in Commercial Law, Constitutional Law and Parliamentary Law, Universidad de Salamanca (Spain)
- LLM in Intellectual Property (thesis pending), Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- LLM in Finance, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, with a minor in Entrepreneurship, Tulane University
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Foundation for Development of Guatemala (FUNDESA)