Practice and Profesional Career
Jose Bassila is an Associate of Legalsa. His professional practice is focused on legal consultancy on corporate, commercial and IP issues of entrepreneurs, start-ups and small businesses. His professional practice focuses on corporate, commercial and intellectual matters of entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses.
Jose has been a legal and business mentor to young entrepreneurs, in collaboration with private and public business incubators and accelerators. In 2018, he won a prize for Business Venture of the Year, awarded by INTELAK, an incubator based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates which fosters the development and acceleration of aviation and tourism startups. He is also a member of the Guatemalan Consular Corps and advises various diplomatic representations, including the Philippine Consulate in Guatemala.
In January 2020, Jose entered the diplomatic service, a full-time position, for which he has remained as an of-counsel in LEGALSA.
- Studies in International and European Union Law, Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, Madrid (Spain)
- JD, Universidad Francisco Marroquín
- Master’s Degree in Public Management and Leadership, Escuela de Gobierno (Guatemala)
- Master’s Degree in International Business with a minor in Entrepreneurship, Hult International Business School, Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Guatemalan Chamber of Intellectual Property.
- Global Shapers Community – Guatemala City Hub
- United Coffee Growers Association