Spanish and English
Dispute Resolution, Civil and Commercial Litigation, Administrative Litigation, Constitutional Law, Arbitration, Corporate Law
Practice and Profesional Career
Marisol Fión is a partner of Legalsa, where she works in the Dispute Resolution practice. Over her 17 years of professional experience, she has focused her career on dispute resolution, specifically administrative, civil and commercial litigation, Constitutional law and high-level arbitration. Before joining Legalsa, Marisol worked in the Guatemalan judiciary and was an advocate before the Guatemalan Ecclesiastic Tribunal.
Marisol has specialized in the strategic management and oversight of complex litigation matters, including shareholder disputes, criminal proceedings and administrative and judicial proceedings at different levels.
Since 2009, Marisol has been a board member director at one of the largest agro-industrial holdings in Central America. Since 2018, she has acted as arbitrator for cases filed before CRECIG, the Dispute Resolution Commission of the Guatemalan Chamber of Industry.
- JD, cum laude, Universidad Rafael Landívar
- Postgraduate course in Legal and Forensic Psychology, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain)
- LLM in Civil and Commercial Litigation, Universidad Mariano Gálvez
- Postgraduate program in Corporate Law, Universidad Rafael Landívar
- LLM in International Arbitration, Universidad Francisco Marroquín
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Guatemalan – American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham Guatemala)
- CRECIG – Arbitrator